Usually, individuals working in a particular field converse in their specific terminology. For example, average asphalt contractor. If you have ever heard them conversing, you might have listened to the words like throw & roll, skin patching, milling machine and drag box. That’s why people need to understand the difference between paving and seal coating.
What is Asphalt Sealcoating?
What is seal coating? Sealcoating is a uniquely formulated liquid coating; when professionals apply it to asphalt pavement, it seals and locks the damage. Asphalt seal coating protects your asphalt from destruction and harm; therefore, they call it seal coating. Now you know what asphalt sealing is.
Using asphalt can protect the asphalt from UV rays and heavy precipitation. Also, it protects from damage from chemicals and vehicles. A seal coating can offer an extra cosmetic benefit with its protective qualities. It enhances the deep and rich color of the asphalt and helps regain the black colour of faded pavement.
Lastly, a seal coating can increase the lifespan of your asphalt pavement by around ten to twenty years. Therefore, most people consider it an essential part of overall asphalt pavement maintenance.
Sealcoating causes minor expenses but is considered the most critical maintenance procedure for asphalt pavement. The results may not be permanent, but you use them many times. So, it is more cost-effective than replacing or repairing damaged pavement.
Sealcoating is not a type of asphalt repair. Apart from covering scratches and holes, seal coating protects the pavement from damage. Get the best Asphalt Driveway Sealcoating Near Me.
What is Asphalt Paving?
Asphalt paving is applying hot asphalt to the parking lot or driveway surface. Experts consider this method to fix an existing asphalt surface that has been damaged, or you are planning to manufacture a whole parking lot or a new driveway.
There are two methods of using asphalt paving for repairs;
Using an asphalt overlay, a layer of asphalt is placed over existing pavement.
Another one is asphalt resurfacing, which includes removing completely damaged areas. You can even repair the foundation and then install fresh asphalt pavement. Professionals use asphalt overlays to improve minor damages like potholes and cracks, and you must consider it for severe damage.
What Is The Cost?
Asphalt paving and seal coating’scoating’s cost relies on the size of the area being serviced. This service is essential for damaged driveways. Regular maintenance of an asphalt driveway will last up to fifteen to twenty years.
With asphalt seal coating, you can get a brand-new look for your driveway at a reasonable cost.
Make sure you get regular seal coating to have a properly maintained driveway or extend the driveway’sdriveway’s life.
Here in this article, we have elaborated on this topic in detail;
- Seal coating helps prevent asphalt paving from damage. It shields the pavement from automotive fluid leaks. It provides a backup defence against water penetration that might erode the pavement’spavement’s base.
- Sealcoating can make your pavement appearance more appealing. Just as new car paint can enhance the car’s look in the same way seal coating makes asphalt appearance darker and even.
- Usually, it comes under routine maintenance or preventive maintenance.
- Paved surface maintenance services cause minor expenses.
- Sealcoating can extend the asphalt pavement’spavement’s life and almost double the life of the paving surface.
- Asphalt paving is an essential procedure while placing asphalt pavement.
- Asphalt paving means the extraction and replacement of existing asphalt or the method of applying asphalt over existing concrete or asphalt paving.
- Asphalt paving can be an entire area. For example, a parking lot or a section like a stretch of roadway damaged via an eroded foundation.
- Asphalt paving does not come under routine maintenance but is classified as a repair or capital expense.
- While installing asphalt paving, there could be a disruption in the traffic for longer than commercial seal coating.
- Asphalt paving life depends on proper maintenance. It may last for a minimum of twenty years if you take care of it properly.
You can notice that there are considerable differences between seal coating and asphalt paving. These double service function together to provide a durable and attractive pavement.
Central Florida Paving is a leading source of asphalt paving services. We ensure that you will get premier asphalt paving services for a long duration with an outstanding ROI.